Thursday, April 16, 2009

stripes or no stripes


I don't know how I can manage to get photos mere seconds apart and see such a colour change!

Well, to stripe or not to stripe- today that is the question. Since I wasn't getting an answer, we basted on stripes on one side for the fitting and afterwards we tacked on some tailor's tape to give an idea what it would look like if the edges were bound in the cream lining.
We fit. No decision came....
Then we waited some more........
Everybody had their opinions, some even kept their opinions to themselves, others just rolled their eyes as I dragged the stand out to the fitting rooms again so the designer could look at it in proper lighting.
We waited some more. I was kind of hoping that whatever was decided, it would magically be further ahead each time I looked at it, but no, that wasn't happening either.
We waited some more.
Finally,
no stripes. Just binding. OK. Done. I think. I hope.

2 comments:

  1. That must be frustrating if you are working on a death-line.
    I love to read about your work, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, frustrating is the word of the day. It's part and parcel of the job unfortunately. I'm trying to be more accepting of things I cannot change or make happen, but that is easier said than done. Thanks for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete